Who Is June Jordan School For Equity?
- We are a college prep school, but we believe what kind of person you are comes before academics.
- We are an innovative public school, but not a charter school.
- 100% of our graduates have a strong post-secondary plan.
- We believe working-class families and students of color deserve a private-school-quality education, in a free public school.
- We believe that true excellence cannot be achieved without equity, or fairness to all.
We are a safe small school that builds community by teaching values before academics.
- Small class size of 25 or less and an advisory program with frequent parent collaboration
- No tracking—all students take “A-G" CSU and UC university entrance requirements
- A strong special education program where all students are integrated into the life of the school
- A Wellness Center to address mental and physical health needs
- A comprehensive CORE staff to support young people in their post-secondary goals
A school for social justice where all students must be leaders.
- A cutting-edge ethnic studies curriculum, and a focus on inquiry and social justice in all subjects
- Work based learning opportunities for all students with community partners
- Arts partnerships with local artists and community-based programs
- A small farm and garden with chickens and fruit trees, and a field-to-table food and nutrition program
- Hands-on science and environmental education
- An innovative physical fitness and outdoor education program
- An annual Youth Summit that brings youth from across the district to create solutions to issues in the community
A school that prepares independent thinkers for life in the 21st century.
- A state-of-the-art college and career preparation program for first generation students
- Students take college-prep seminars and university courses for credit
- Students graduate with a thoughtful post-graduate plan that outlines their college and/or career goals
- Students graduate based on a Senior Thesis and Project addressing issues that affect our community